How long I've had braces!

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

2nd Braces Adjustment

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 - Today was my 2nd adjustment appointment.   The assistant took off my elastics and my Ortho came in to take a look.  She was very pleased at how much my front tooth had straightened out.  She decided to stick with the same wire I had on.  She explained to me that I will be getting a coil put on between my front tooth and canine tooth and a power chain going from my far front tooth back to my molar and on the other side a power chain on my canine tooth back to the other side molar. (see pictures below, they clearly can show you better than I can explain ;)).   She said this will help open the gap between my front tooth and canine tooth so we can finally start working on bringing that one (snaggle) tooth down.  The assistant took off my wire and started to work on the coil...ouch!!  The pressure actually made me cringe.  She asked if I was hurting and I said yes but its ok for her to do what she had to do.  She realized it was a lot of pressure and relieved some.  As she continued working on the coil and placing the wire back in it was uncomfortable but tolerable.  She then put on the powerchains which this time I chose a pretty blue color.  She told me she couldn't wait to see me on my next appointment to see how much difference it will be, which I said me too!!  She gave me some more wax just in case I needed it.  I had asked for some because the wax I bought from CVS just didn't seem to stick as well as the one they provide. 

I made my next appointment for Tuesday, August 12th and it cant get here soon enough.  As I was making my appointment, the assistant who was there at my consultation was setting up my appointment and couldn't believe how much my front tooth straightened out.  She said she was so happy for me, because she knew how much I wanted braces.  I have to say being someone who has always been terrified of the dentist office, this is the first dentist office I actually enjoy going to, because everyone is so friendly and welcoming.  They actually remember who you are personally.  Even though my hands still clam up before each appointment they always make me feel at ease. 

My front tooth is a little throbby, but I don't mind, because when my teeth are sore I know there is movement happening.  I'm sure I will be more sore tomorrow and of course I have a pot luck at work on Thursday and probably wont be able to chew that well.  That's ok it will all be worth it in the end!  Below are the pictures to show you exactly the difference of what was done at this appointment from my last.  As always, the pictures are not the prettiest, but I want people to be able to see exactly what is happening and the progress being made.



No comments:

Post a Comment