How long I've had braces!

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Extractions update

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 - 1 week after extractions -  Since my extractions, I ate nothing but ice cream, pudding and mashed potatoes.  I don't think I want to see any of those foods for awhile.  I finally felt ok enough to eat something a little more solid but still soft yesterday.  I was craving Red Lobsters chicken alfredo and cheesy biscuits, yummm!  Of course I had to get it to go, because I had to cut everything into tiny pieces and eat very slowly.  But OMG it was so great to taste something different for a change.  It felt weird, a little tender but didn't hurt, in my extraction areas when I was chewing and food would slip into those areas.  After eating I made sure to rinse my mouth with warm salt water, brush my teeth and floss (which takes even longer now, go figure).  I still rinse my mouth out with warm salt water at least 4 times a day.  My right side where I got my stitches is still a bit tender but my left extraction area doesn't really bother me anymore. The stitches are still there, not too sure how long they take to dissolve.   My top front teeth have been feeling a little sore lately, so I am guessing they are going through movements when this happens.  Very small movements, because I cant really tell much of a difference.  Although, my husband says it does look like my one front tooth has turned a bit.  But of course it's only been 3 weeks since I got the braces put on, ;).  Now only 3 weeks and 6 days until my next Ortho appointment...cant wait so I can get the rest of the brackets and wires on all my top teeth and hopefully start seeing more changes. ;)  On April 18th I will post updated pics since it will be exactly 1 month since I got the front braces put on.  Maybe then we can see if there actually was some kind of movement so far.
1st picture of me (since I was a child) actually smiling showing my teeth!!  This was taken Saturday, April 5, 2014 at the Tampa Bay Lightning Hockey Game with my husband <3.

No comments:

Post a Comment